Softball is a variant of baseball played with a larger ball on a smaller field. It is mostly played by females. It was originally invented in 1887 in Chicago as an indoor game. It was at various times called kitten ball, indoor baseball, mush ball, playground, softbund ball, and because it was also played by girls and women, ladies’ baseball. The actual name softball was given to this game in 1926. In the softball quotes below you will find some of these old names back. The main differences between Baseball and Softball are:
- Pitching: The other major pitching difference is that softball pitchers deliver the ball in an underhand motion; baseball pitchers can throw overhand or even sidearm if they choose.
- Distance from the pitcher’s area to home plate: At the beginning levels of youth softball, pitchers generally deliver pitches about 35 feet from home plate. At the higher levels of play, pitchers throw balls from 40 feet.
- Base paths: The base paths in softball are several feet shorter than those in baseball.
- Field size: A common distance from home plate to the outfield fence in softball is 150 feet for the younger kids, while for the older kids it extends to 225 to 250 feet.
- Size of the ball: A regulation softball is significantly larger than a regulation baseball.
Now how do we become better at Softball or Baseball? Everybody wants to know and we have find the perfect solution that many of our members have used before and have seen significant improvements. Even when you are a smaller hitter, this amazing solution will help you achieve repeatable power, every time. Watch this video and check out this page to get the formula to consistently crush the softball and beat you opponents.
Click here if you want to know How-To Achieve Repeatable Power, Even If You’re A Smaller Hitter.
In this post we only focus on the best Softball Quotes, sayings and phrases for true softball and softball quotes fans. Below 21 of the best quotes to motivate and inspire your teammates, pitchers. These quotes are selected from famous softball authors, celebrities and newsmakers. These softball slogans, motto’s, sayings and quotes can be used for shirts, mugs, banners and much more to celebrate and inspire your softball team.
21 Motivational Softball Quotes
1. Softball goals are attained not by strength but by perseverance.
Just like in softball, in life, you can achieve your goals if you work hard on it or perseverance.
2. Progress always involves risk…
If you want to be one step ahead of anything, you must start by taking a risk of starting something new.
3. Look like a beauty, play like a beast.
You can’t judge anyone, some may not seem strong as they look but they got the beast inside them.
4. Forget the glass slippers, this princess wears cleats.
Not all girls loves to be a girl, some loves doing boy stuff things. Princess softball quotes.
5. Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference…
6. Your softball goals should be out of reach but never out of sight.
7. SOFTBALL : My sport, my game, my life
8. I am now and always will be me…
9. Don’t let the fear of striking out keep you from the playing game.
10. Softball is not a one woman sport…
11. Softball gives girls a chance to show the boys how it’s really done.
12. It doesn’t sparkle but I guard this diamond with my life.
13. I like a little dirt on my diamond.
14. Faith. Love. Softball.
15. When I step into batter’s box, the fans, the noise, the cheers, they all disappear…
16. Practice makes progress.
17. Passion is a prerequisite to winning.
18. Once I step on that field all my stress, family problems and heartache go away…
19. It’s never too early to follow your dreams.
20. To uncover your true potential you must first find your own limits…
21. Don’t practice until you get it right…
Bonus: 5 more Softball Quotes for pitchers
H., pitcher: “Play the game you love, and love the game you play!”
Erica H., shortstop, LA: “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”
D. H., Toronto, catcher: “My responsibility for my team is to make them play for the team on the front of the jersey not the back.”
Unknown: “I make my weaknesses my strengths and my strengths stronger.”
W. Bindels, pitcher, San Francisco: “Play every softball game like it is your last!”
Softball is not like any other sport, it’s not just throwing a ball, hitting and running. Softball players live with the red stitches of the softball rubbing against my fingers when I snap my wrist and let it fly. Softball pitchers live with snapping my wrist to the catcher and getting the batter out, a perfect strike. I live not only for my teammates but for the love of the Softball game and myself. I live for fastpitch softball and softball quotes. Not only be inspired and motivated by these famous softball quotes but get your inspiration from these other sports like longboarding and sports quotes like these wrestling quotes and basketball quotes. Our softball quotes are for those who love the game. Whether it’s a nugget of wisdom from a player, coach, fan or from some other aspect of sports or motivation!