Amy Schumer has solidified herself through her ingenious brand of comedy as a leading voice in the entertainment industry. Though many focus solely on her comedy, Schumer has also emerged as an inspirational figure for her audience. Here are a few of the times Amy Schumer reminded us that she does a lot more than inspire just laughs.
1. Australia’s KIIS 101.1 Matt Tilley: Do you have the word ‘skanky’ in America?
Amy: “We do have that word. What made you think about your mom? Why did she just pop in your mind?
2. “I’m speaking to the women. I want the women to feel a little more empowered”- to Maria Shriver during NBC interview.
3. “No, Im not going to apologize for who I am and I’m going to love the skin that I’m in and not be like striving for some other version of myself”- in her acceptance speech for the GLAMOUR Awards 2015.
4. “I feel like a sexual girl, but I would say I have a sex life just as mundane as anybody you know. I don’t think it’s any more adventurous or interesting. I like to talk about it – mostly because I don’t remember anybody talking about it when I was younger” in Biography.com interview.
5. “I’m always finding humor in the most tragic stuff. All the time. Humor just makes it all bearable to me”- in Biography.com interview.
6. “I am not who I sleep with. I am not my weight. I am not my mother. I am myself”- – Gloria Awards and Gala speech
7. “I am a woman with thoughts and questions and shit to say. I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story — I will.” – Gloria Awards and Gala speech.”
8. “I didn’t grow up hearing any women really delving into that side of themselves. So I thought, ‘OK, maybe I can be this person for women and for men just to hear the women’s perspective in a less apologetic, honest way.'”- to Fresh Air‘s Terry Gross.9. “There’s no question, there are very few female comedians making it on the road compared to male comics. I know that I’m a prominent female comedian right now and that people aren’t all that exposed to female comics, so I feel the weight of it”- in Entertainment Weekly interview.
10. “I’ve been getting feedback on whether or not I’m f—able since 2007, so I’m just used to it and I’m not affected by it. Am I disgusting or am I really pretty? Well, they’re both right!” – in Entertainment Weekly interview.