Henry Charles Bukowski is an American short story writer, novelist and poet. His writing was greatly encouraged by his hometown’s geography and situation in Los Angeles. As an author, Bukowski wrote hundreds of short stories, thousands of poems, 6 novels with 60 printed books.
If you’re searching to find several pointers on how you can live a great life, take it from this genius. His quotes has actually been legendary as it discusses ordinary lives, relationships, alcohol, sex and a lot more. Here are our collection of Charles Bukowski Quotes wherein you can get valuable wisdom and advice.
Find here his two most famous and best-reviewed books if you like these Bukowski quotes so much you want to read more on him:
[easyazon_block add_to_cart=”default” align=”center” asin=”0061177571″ cloaking=”default” layout=”top” localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” tag=”quotesbro-20″][easyazon_block add_to_cart=”default” align=”center” asin=”B000SEHJGQ” cloaking=”default” layout=”top” localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” tag=”quotesbro-20″]
22 Awesome Charles Bukowski Quotes
1. “The human heart, as of course we all know is essentially good…”
All people in this world are born good. It’s just the circumstances and situations that surrounds them change them and become someone that is not good, and sometimes it’s hard to turn them back again.
2. “Sometimes solitude is one of the most beautiful things on earth”
3. “We’re all going to die, all of us, what a circus!…”
4. “There are worse things than being alone…”
5. “If I had been born a woman I would certainly have been a prostitute…”
6. “Love breaks my bones and I laugh”
Love will not only break you emotionally, at times it can break you physically (when you get involve in a fight, etc.), and then eventually we can just laugh at it.
7. “The free soul is rare, but you know it when you see it…”
8. “People are strange: They are constantly angered by trivial things…”
People sometimes are hard to understand, we get mad at small things but we can’t notice the big things that destroys and wastes our lives.
9. “Drink from the well of your self and begin again”
If ever we feel weak and broken only ourselves can refuel our own strength.
10. “The less I needed, the better I felt”
11. “Something else is hurting you – that’s why you need a pot or whiskey…”
If we are in pain, sometimes drinking and distracting yourself are ways wherein you can forget your problems. Even just for awhile.
12. “She’s mad but she’s magic. There’s no lie in her fire”
13. “Once a woman turns against you, forget it…”
Beware of women, they may seem vulnerable and fragile but once you give them something to turn against you, they can be as bad as hell.
14. “We must.. We must bring our own light to the darkness”
When you are facing a problem, only you can help yourself.
15. “I don’t hate people, I just feel better when they aren’t around”
16. “If you want to know who your friends are, get yourself a jail sentence”
Because true friends will stay with you and be with you whatever and wherever you are.
17. “what matters most is how well you walk through the fire”
No matter what you will go through, it’s how you handle it that matters.
18. “The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts…”
19. “How the hell could a person enjoy being awakened at 6:30 AM by an alarm clock…”
Well, that’s life! However, let’s look at the brighter side.
20. “He asked, ‘What makes a man a writer?’…”
21. “Find what you love and let it kill you”
There are things that will not be good for you but we just love to have it.
22. “Slavery was never abolished, it was only extended to include all the colors”
Slavery still continues, but now it is in different forms and it becomes worst.
There you have it, Charles Bukowski Quotes. I’m sure you get a lot of words of wisdom from this famous poet. There’s still a lot of Charles Bukowski quotes, do you have any other Bukowski quotes that can add up to our list? Send it to us and we will be happy to feature it for you.
If you still can’t get enough of our quotes, you can also read 21 Funny Alan Partridge Quotes for his movie lovers. Do not forget though: Bro before Quote.