Australian rapper Iggy Azalea had the coveted song of the summer in 2014 with her single ‘Fancy,’ but now her career has been enveloped in her defending herself against other celebs.
Most recently, Azalea has made news after fighting back against being called out in Macklemore’s ‘White Privilege II.’
In the song, Macklemore accuses Azalea along with Miley Cyrus and Elvis Presley of borrowing from black culture without giving credit where credit is due, a common accusation for Azalea and one she does not take kindly to.
We’ve compiled the best 15 quotes and tweets from Iggy Azalea defending herself and the integrity of her career from Macklemore and others.
Iggy Azalea vs. Azealia Banks
The feud between Azalea and Banks started when Banks thought Azalea was getting too much recognition in the rap industry, taking the spot of other talented black artists. Banks also blasted Azalea for being outwardly racist in her music and prior social media exchanges.
These are the times Iggy has responded to Banks via her Twitter account:
1.Don’t bother including my @ name in any of ur salty thoughts either cause.. I’m #blockinthatass today!!!!!
2. We’ve all read the script 49584068408540 billion times now, find a new game plan.
3. You’re poisonous and I feel genuinely sorry for you because it’s obvious at this point you are a MISERABLE, angry human being. Regards!
4. Special msg for banks: There are many black artists succeeding in all genres. The reason you haven’t yet is because of your piss poor attitude.
Iggy Azalea vs. Snoop Dogg
For some reason still unbeknownst to us common folk, Snoop Dogg decided at one point in time to use social media to take some hilarious jabs at Azalea, in one Instagram post comparing her to the Wayan brothers in White Chicks. Naturally, Iggy wasn’t amused and responded like so:
5. @SnoopDogg why would you post such a mean pic on insta when you send your body guards to ask me for pictures every time were are at shows
6. @SnoopDogg and every time I’ve ever spoken to you you’ve been nice as hell, I’m disappointed you’d be such an ass for no reason.
7. lol, i wish writers exaggerated the positive shit going on in this world too. Im not ‘fuming mad’ at anyone.
Iggy Azalea vs. Macklemore (kind of)
Macklemore made mention of Azalea in his song ‘White Privilege II,’ along with several other artists, but Azalea was particularly perturbed, until she said she wasn’t.
8. “He shouldn’t have spent the last 3 yrs having friendly convos and taking pictures together at events etc if those were his feelings.”
9. “The world is FUNNY. Im not actually heated about macklamores song or its message. I dont think its intention was to make me a tending topic.”
Iggy Azalea vs. Talib Kweli Greene
After calling out Macklemore for his mention of her in his song ‘White Privilege II,’ Talib Kweli Greene took to Twitter to diss Azalea some more for being insensitive for the message Macklemore was trying to send and making it all about her.
Azalea got defensive once again, saying that wasn’t her motive at all.
10. @TalibKweli I actually love hip hop, i wouldnt endure the amount of shit i get if i didnt. maybe i dont showcase it in the way you like
11. @TalibKweli Im also getting married to a black man and will probably have bi racial kids, i dont want them to be treated differently
Iggy Azalea vs. World
And sometimes, with so many feuds back-to-back, Iggy has felt the need to defend herself against pretty much everyone.
12. I have to say the general explosion of pettiness online in the last few days is hard to ignore and honestly … lame.
13. “I honestly don’t really mind if I’m described as rap or pop. My passion is purely making music and entertaining.”
14. “im bored of the old men threatening young women as entertainment trend and much more interested in the young women getting $ trend. zzzz.”
15. “i find it patronizing to assume i have no knowledge of something I’m influenced by, but I’ve also grown up with strangers assuming that.”