Not only is Red Hot Chili Pepper bassist Flea one of the greatest bassists of all time, he’s also a source of inspiration and laughter thanks to being an active member on Twitter through his account, @Flea333. Check out 30 of Flea’s greatest tweets to date and how Flea reveals himself through his tweets as both an artist and an individual.
1. Flea Loves All Equally.
I love jews and muslims and Christians and Buddhists and Baptists and atheists and everyone and I love you crazy muthafukka.
— Flea (@flea333) September 18, 2014
3. He also wants to set a good example for the future.
i don’t care what adults think of me. i am concerned about what children think though — Flea (@flea333) June 22, 2014
4. After CIA torture report reveals RHCP music used during torture, Flea responds.
It is absolutely heartbreaking to hear Rhcp music has been used by the CIA to torture human beings. Anything we can do to stop that we will — Flea (@flea333) April 12, 2014
5. This is just awesome. We hope someone called.
I’m peaking on acid right now. Someone call me to come play on their record. — Flea (@flea333) June 1, 2014
6. Many of Flea’s tweets revolve around being the Los Angeles’ Lakers’ Number One Fan.
7. When Flea lies, it’s totally okay.
i will never tweet about basketball again as long as i live — Flea (@flea333) July 2, 2015
8. Like the time that Flea said he was leaving Twitter: Oct. 3, 2015.
My last ever tweet. It was fun sometimes. — Flea (@flea333) October 3, 2015
9. Thankfully, he tweeted his return Oct. 12, 2015 after the very brief absence. God bless the Dodgers.
Coming back to Twitter now cause I gotta say GO MUTHAFUKKEN DODGERS BLUE FOREVER — Flea (@flea333) October 13, 2015
10. Many of Flea’s tweets are incredibly enigmatic, but that’s why we love them. Example A:
the fact is i just saw a blizzard hunt a lizard in the muted light — Flea (@flea333) September 22, 2015
11. Example B:
You don’t want to be alone in the jungle when the sun goes down — Flea (@flea333) August 6, 2015
12. We also love him because he has so much love for so many things.
i love keith richards with my heart — Flea (@flea333) July 28, 2015
13. If Flea can be excited for a random, plain ol’ Sunday, so can we.
SUNDAY MORNING TIME TIME LISTEN TO SOME BACH MUTHAFUKKAS!!! — Flea (@flea333) May 10, 2015
14. Indeed, he has the power to make us optimistic about pretty much everything, even B.B. King’s death on May 15, 2015.
im so lucky i got to see bb king play several times. he’s broken through the other side. lovelovelove — Flea (@flea333) May 15, 2015
15. He reminisces on RHCP glory a lot, which is worth the follow in itself.
The Rhcp opened for Romeo void in 1984 on our first ever national tour. That was dope. In Detroit — Flea (@flea333) July 26, 2015
16. He also uses Twitter to update fans on current RHCP news, which we appreciate as well.
lot of people asking about the new record.i broke my arm and waiting for it to heal up before we can get in the studio for magic carpet ride — Flea (@flea333) April 24, 2015
17. And to share important info for fans such as this:
18. He’s not shy about getting political.
Disheartening that supposedly reputable news sources give this trump moron the time of day — Flea (@flea333) July 11, 2015
18. Flea usually sounds off to defend the downtrodden and oppressed.
I’m saying let there be peace, and let it be born of just actions. race relations have to be paid attention to, it can’t swept under the rug — Flea (@flea333) April 28, 2015
19. He’s not shy about much, in fact.
If this game goes to OT I’m gonna make out with my dog and film it and post it — Flea (@flea333) June 10, 2015
20. He inspires a lot of yas moments.
fuck your ‘brand’ you boring unimaginative paint by number fucks. give me something to cry about, something to dream for, lose myself in — Flea (@flea333) May 12, 2015
if u have to have a phone to go with the apple watch whats the fucking point?
— Flea (@flea333) April 24, 2015
22.He shares a lot of advice and insight about and on music, and considering how amazing he is, we listen.
music needs time to ferment — Flea (@flea333) May 11, 2015
Listening to bad pop with 9 year old. Its young girlz being way too sexually suggestive and young men singing like overly sensitive wimps.
— Flea (@flea333) January 29, 2015
24. As a loud supporter of many fellow musicians, Flea always has a lot to say on the subject.
tracy chapmans first album is so great your all a bunch of pussys — Flea (@flea333) May 2, 2015
watching this show makes me think system of a down is the best hard rock band in the world
— Flea (@flea333) April 24, 2015
Happy birthday to Billie holiday my favorite singer of all time. Billie I write poetry for you every day. I kiss your beautiful feet. — Flea (@flea333) April 7, 2015
Kendrick Lamar is so artful. Miles beyond anyone else in pop culture right now, not jonly hip hop
— Flea (@flea333) March 16, 2015
Slickest musical group of all time? With out any question it is THE TEMPTATIONS. — Flea (@flea333) November 29, 2015
29. But most of all, we love that his Twitter provides insight to being one of the world’s greatest bassists.
not playing bass for two months is fucking insane.
— Flea (@flea333) March 8, 2015
i played ‘driven to tears’ with stuart copeland and eddie vedder tonight that was fucking cool — Flea (@flea333) December 7, 2014